Our wish to you...



We hope that by visiting our blog you feel inspired and also the joy of simple living.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Grass greener...it's SIMPLE...it's not

Yes just another...and when I say that another one bites the dust I truly  mean that.  We have a neighborhood where we have all lived for over 20 years. 

Within the last six months in our cul-de-sac two of the father's that have been married for over 25 years have left their families. Yes I said left...as in grab some things and walked out the front door.  
Without going too deep and trying to keep this simple their explanations were that they were not happy.  WOW...

So I started thinking about the things that make me happy because I guess as a mom, wife and daughter, friend to many sometimes it's hard when you stop for that brief moment to stop and think...what is HAPPY?? 

In my 33 years of marriage it has rarely crossed my mind whether I am happy or not. 
So what is happy...got me to thinking...

It's the simple things...warm shower in the morning...the birds singing on a spring day...soft rainfall...lightning and thunder...time with my kids...my grandsons smile...laughter...the dog's greeting me in the morning...a great glass of tea...ride through the countryside...a beautiful sunset...a fire...planting flowers...a phone call from my daughter...my husbands love notes...his kiss in the morning...reading on a rainy day...sitting in the library with a stack of books...just waking up and feeling good...omgoodness

And I could go on and on...

My heart just breaks for each of these families and most of all for the kids as they will wrestle with some uncomfortable feelings for a few years and hopefully at some point can come to grips with the father's and what they have done.  

It is the simple things that make you happy...I believe!

So soak up the goodness where you are and love your wife and love your children and the simple goodness that surrounds you and stop wondering about the grass looking greener on the other side, because it rarely is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment